Dogs for the Deaf Accepting Applications
- a family with an autistic child?
- a professional (counselor, physician, therapist, courtroom advocate) who works with patients/clients with autism, stroke, trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression, or other challenges or disabilities?
- someone with significant hearing loss?
- someone who has depression, anxiety/panic attacks, severe arthritis, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the effects of a stroke, or other challenges or disabilities?
If you do, you can help Dogs for the Deaf help these people by telling them about our professionally trained dogs that can provide life-saving and life-enhancing services to people with a variety of disabilities and challenges.
Dogs for the Deaf
- rescues dogs from shelters
- provides all needed medical care to bring the dogs to prime physical condition
- professionally trains each dog to help someone with a disability or challenge
- individually matches each dog to the applicant it is best suited to help
- takes each dog to the applicant’s home and spends 3-5 days training the person how to maintain the dog’s training
- provides lifetime follow-up support, guidance, and help for the life of the team
- helps with the retirement or death of the dog and getting a new dog into the home
- Places dogs NATIONWIDE and in CANADA—FREE OF CHARGE
- is totally funded by individuals, people leaving bequests in their estate planning to Dogs for the Deaf, groups, and service clubs
- does NOT receive any government funding
If you know someone who could benefit from these miraculous and life-saving services, tell them to contact Dogs for the Deaf, www.dogsforthedeaf.org, for an application.
Good Sam chapters and members are Dogs for the Deaf’s largest single donor group. Your support and hard work to help our mission are greatly appreciated. Please continue helping Dogs for the Deaf so that we can continue helping unwanted dogs and people with disabilities.
TOGETHER WE MAKE MIRACLES HAPPEN
For more information: call 541-826-9220 or 800-990-DOGS (3647) .