Travel Tips

Keeping It Clean

July 25, 2011 by · 8 Comments

Submitted By Harvey Hetrick of Torrance, California

After several years of using aluminum foil as a splash guard around RV stove, we found an inexpensive and more durable product. Disposable cookie sheets do wonders. We can buy two for about $4, and they will last a very long time. The 15×10-inch size works fine. Simply place them around the sides of the stove, and wash them when required.  On our stove, no attachment is required. Stow them away in the oven when not in use. Who knows, you might even need them to bake cookies someday!

Like this tech tip? Find hundreds like it in Ten Minute Tech, Volume 3 at the Good Sam Bookstore.

Comments

8 Responses to “Keeping It Clean”
  1. Darlene says:

You can get these at the Dollar Store in a pack of two. Even cheaper!

2. I have a 24 ft class c , once I get to a camp ground and set up I don’t want to move until I am leaving. I carry 2 folding bikes for the grandchildren to use in the park..I do not carry a tow vehicle. Is there any parks in Pa. where all forms of entertainment is with-in walking distance of about 1 mile?? kayak, boat rentals,fishing, swimming,local attractions etc. I would appreciate any help….

3. I have a 24 ft class c , once I get to a camp ground and set up I don’t want to move until I am leaving. I carry 2 folding bikes for the grandchildren to use in the park..I do not carry a tow vehicle. Is there any parks in Pa. where all forms of entertainment is with-in walking distance of about 1 mile?? kayak, boat rentals,fishing, swimming,local attractions etc. I would appreciate any help….Dingerusmc@gmail.com

4. Esther says:

I use a plastic cutting board and a insulated cookie sheet, propped against the wall. While traveling they are stored in the cabinets above the sink. I slip them in and let them stand in the opening, then shut the door. This keeps things from shifting and falling out when the door is opened.
    Also, the microwave is a great place to store your bread and buns. It keeps the glass plate from jumping around while moving down the road.

5. Rhonda says:

I use Clear contact paper over the walls around the stove, wipes easy, doesn’t look like have anything on the walls, keeps everything clean and new looking
    in our new rv… just spay with cleaner and wipe!

6. Melissa says:

My husband cut very thin plexigalss sheets to fit the walls to the side & back of the stove (up to the cabinet level, and screwed them in place. They easily wipe clean, and still look new after 7+ years. He also did the backsplash behind the bathroom sink.

7. Jean Willick says:

We also installed thin plexiglass sheets around the walls by the stove. Wipes up great and doesn’t cover up the wall pattern–looks invisible. I like the idea of the backsplash on bathroom sink–will install.

Great suggestion Jean! Thanks for sharing.