- Good Sam Club News - http://blog.goodsamclub.com -
Tips from Action Line: Get the Most Out of Your Extended Warranty
Posted By Good Sam On November 12, 2011 @ 6:25 am In Action Line | 2 Comments
One of the most common submissions Good Sam Action Line  receives relates to extended warranty coverage concerns. And we’ve begun to notice a few common consumer oversights. RV warranties and extended warranties provide peace of mind while on the road. Because we’re here to help, we wanted to share these findings with you in an effort to help you get the most out of your extended warranty. Here are some tips for stress-free warranty service so you can get back on the road quickly:
• Read the warranty information thoroughly before you purchase.
• Know your policy requirements before personally authorizing a repair. Many warranties require a preauthorization quote for approval, and sometimes an in-person inspection by an authorized agent. Keep in mind that personally authorized repair claims without preauthorization can be denied.
• Make sure you’re at an “authorized” repair facility. Your warranty information should include a list of authorized repair facilities or a number to call to locate one.
• Maintain your vehicle according to the manufacturer guidelines and keep the receipts or invoices. Failure to maintain the vehicle or keep the maintenance documentation could result in a denied claim.
• If your tires are under warranty and you have a blowout, keep the damaged tire. Tire manufacturers must have the tire to make a reimbursement.
• Be patient. The claims process takes time.
• Before making a decision to purchase an extended warranty, talk to other RVers about their positive experiences.
A warranty is a contract between you and the warranty company. It’s your responsibility to understand the terms of the contract and to follow the maintenance guidelines. We hope these tips help you get the most value from your extended warranty!
Contacting Good Sam Action Line
In addition to warranty-related concerns, Good Sam Action Line helps resolve RV-related disputes on behalf of Good Sam Club members. Because of Good Sam’s solid reputation and substantial membership, Action Line has the clout to get results, whether it’s approved warranty coverage, financial reimbursement or simply an apology. Send us your information, and we’ll do our best to make sure your dispute turns into one of our many success stories.
Article printed from Good Sam Club News: http://blog.goodsamclub.com
URL to article: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2011/11/tips-from-action-line-get-the-most-out-of-your-extended-warranty/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2011%2F11%2Ftips-from-action-line-get-the-most-out-of-your-extended-warranty%2F
 Image: http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&output=popup&bkmk=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2011%2F11%2Ftips-from-action-line-get-the-most-out-of-your-extended-warranty%2F&title=Tips+from+Action+Line%3A+Get+the+Most+Out+of+Your+Extended+Warranty
 Image: http://www.twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2011%2F11%2Ftips-from-action-line-get-the-most-out-of-your-extended-warranty%2F&text=Tips+from+Action+Line%3A+Get+the+Most+Out+of+Your+Extended+Warranty
 Image: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ActionLine.jpg
 Action Line: http://www.goodsamclub.com/community/SubmitToActionLine.aspx
 Action Line Acts On Extended Warranty Dispute: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2012/05/actionline-10/
 Action Line: Warranty Withholding Resolved: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2012/06/actionline-11/
 Action Line Goes to Bat for You: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/03/extended-warranty-refund/
 How Level Is Level?: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/05/how-level-is-level/
 Boulevard of America US 80 – Part 2 Exploring the Southwest Yuma, AZ to Fort Worth/Dallas, TX : http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/05/boulevard-of-america-us-80-part-2-exploring-the-southwest-yuma-az-to-fort-worthdallas-tx-2/
 Staying Safe: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/05/staying-safe/
 Boulevard of America US 80 – Part 2 Exploring the Southwest Yuma, AZ to Fort Worth/Dallas, TX : http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/05/boulevard-of-america-us-80-part-2-exploring-the-southwest-yuma-az-to-fort-worthdallas-tx/
 Dealing with High Blood Pressure on the Road: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/05/dealing-with-high-blood-pressure-on-the-road/
Copyright © 2010 Good Sam Club. All rights reserved.