Benefit Spotlight

Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card Now Accepted in Canada!

March 20, 2012 by · 31 Comments

Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card

Members cheered at the first of the year when the Good Sam Club introduced money-saving discounts at Pilot Flying J fueling centers across the U.S. Now there’s even more to celebrate. From British Columbia to Quebec, Pilot Flying J locations north of the U.S. border now offer members comparable savings on gas, diesel, propane and RV dump services when they use the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card.

Members now receive at least 1 cent per liter savings on gas and diesel at Pilot Flying J locations in Canada, where fuel is sold by the liter. At U.S. Pilot Flying J locations, members save at least 3 cents per gallon on gas and 5 cents per gallon on diesel.

When using the RV Plus Card on both sides of the U.S–Canada border, members can save 10 cents per gallon on bulk propane and 50 percent on dump-station charges. Cardholders also receive coupons and special offers from Pilot Flying J.

To receive these benefits, members simply apply online for the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card. Cash purchases aren’t eligible for these discounts. Unlike revolving-debt with credit cards that can rack up costly interest fees, the RV Plus Card is paid in full each month. Payment may be made online or by auto-draft.

With nearly 600 locations in the contiguous United States and Canada, Pilot Flying J is the official fuel provider and travel center of the Good Sam Club. Pilot Flying J locations offer a variety of conveniences and services tailored to RV travelers, including dedicated RV fuel lanes, travel stores, restaurants, holding-tank dump stations and propane refills.

To see a list of Pilot Flying J locations, go to GoodSamClub.com/pfj.

Apply for the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card

Comments

31 Responses to “Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card Now Accepted in Canada!”
  1. Cheryl Steadman says:

It’s great to see savings and discounts being applied to Good Sam members on both sides of the border – thank you! However, it is unfortunate, in this case, that one third of Canada is not included in this deal, namely the provinces on the east coast: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.

Maybe next time, the next deal will apply to all RVers in Canada and the United States. Thanks for continuing to try!

Cheryl Steadman
    Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Good Sam says: Cheryl – those are great suggestions. The Good Sam Club is always trying to improve our benefits for our members, and we know that Pilot Flying J is always working to increase the numbers of locations where this valuable benefit is available. New locations are added each month in both the U.S. and Canada, and the most up-to-date list of Pilot Flying J locations is available online at GoodSamClub.com/PFJ. Note: you will need to log into your online Good Sam Club account to view the Pilot Flying J locations.

2. ordered a new flyin j gas card never got it ! its been over 4 months. whats up with that??

Good Sam says: Michael, we apologize for the delay in receiving your Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card. Due to the overwhelming response from Good Sam members, the cards were delayed a few weeks in being sent to members. However, seeing as the time lapse is much greater than the delayed timeframe, we would like to check into your situation further. Please email chehner@goodsamfamily.com along with your Good Sam member information and we will check into this right away. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

3. J MAGOO17 says:

WHAT GOOD IS DISCOUNTS AT FLYING J, WHEN EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE ROAD IS .10 CENTS CHEEPER . COME ON FLYING J , GET WITH THE PROGRAM .

4. Joe Ambloom says:

Sees like I remember seeing where FlyingJ discount would be honored at Irving stations in the north east ??

5. Rich Clark says:

For Canadian GS members, will the Flying J discount card be billed in US$ and be required to be paid to a US institution, or will it be billed in Cdn$ for Canadian purchases. If Canadians are billed in US$ then the discount will be partially offset by the exchange factor that the Canadian bank will charge to pay a US credit card bill to a US company.

Can you please provide the details of how the billing system will work for the Flying J card used by Canadian residents for purchases made in Canada?

Thanks.

Rich

6. Rich Clark says:

Thanks.

Rich Clark

7. Dick Anfang says:

Is there a foreign transaction fee for US customers purchasing in Canada and vice-versa?

To provide additional clarification on the new improvement to the Pilot Flying J discount, when a Good Sam member signs up for an account, you can choose to be billed in Canadian or US funds. Regardless of where the transactions are (US or Canada) the entire bill will be converted to the billing fund of choice. Therefore, if a member is going to pay from a Canadian bank, they will need to be billed in Canadian funds. The same is true for US banks in US funds. If you have already signed up for an Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card and would like to change the currency in which your card is charged, you can do so by calling Pilot Flying J at 1-800-845-1311.

9. Sue Gehring says:

What ever happened to the Pilot cards being sent out to life Time Members that was disscussed at the Redmond, Oregon Rally. It was stated that there would be different tiers of gasoline discounts depending on length of time as a Good Sam Member. We have never recieved the card and do not live in an area with Pilot stations to pick one up. so How do we get one

Sue – great news! This is already a benefit of being a Good Sam member, and as a life member, you receive the highlight discount on fuel! In order to receive the discount, you will need to apply for the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card which is a charge card that is required to be paid off each month and therefore, doesn’t charge interest. To apply for the card, simply go online at GoodSamClub.com/PFJ. Thanks for being a Good Sam life member!

11. Richard Harvey says:

We got our RV Plus card…so we tried it out….. twice on a resent weekend trip… gas pumped for the posted price….just got the bill — it was the same posted price …. no discount…. hhmmmmmmm…….

Richard – we apologize for this inconvenience. We’ve contacted Pilot Flying J about this and they would like to check into this further. Please contact their customer service department at 855-478-7587 to resolve this issue. If you were charged too much for your gas, they have agreed to credit your account with the difference.

13. Gerald Hendricks says:

I can see some problems using the Pilot Flying J RV Plus card. At the two stations I use, there is a sign on the pump that states that RV users should swipe a credit card first and then the loyalty card, But your RV Plus card is a charge card, not a loyalty card. If you use another charge card first (VISA) and then you swipe the RV Plus card in, you will not get the discount.

Gerald – you are exactly correct. In order to receive the fuel discount, you will need to swipe your RV Plus Card when it asks for your credit card. Thank you for providing that tip to other members!

15. Joseph Key says:

Just returned from a round trip across country. 5326 miles total in two weeks. Try that using just your $1000.00 RV Card credit. My rig doesn’t get that good of mileage. Had to call them several times with problems clearing my balance so I could use that card and get my discount. However, their credit office is not available on the weekend, so I was forced to use my other cards. What a pain. Don’t know if I would try that again.

16. I just went on line and signed up for the gas card. When will I receive my card??

17. When will I receive my gas card

18. Since the 13Jun2012 I have been trying to pay my bill with no results, Spoke to a agent at 1 855 478 7587 and he was no help as he did not have any answer for me. First of my receipt was for 143.00 and my bill is asking for 143.56. Now I can’t pay by debit as the route number on a canadian bank is 8 and the us is 9 nobody can tell me what I should do. Called my bank (the biggest bank in Canada) BMO and they say it can’t be done. I wish the GS had worked this out before they give the plus card to canadains. Or tell me what my choice is now, I need to pay my bill

Marjorie – please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences. We reached out to Pilot Flying J who informed us that Canadian members wishing to set up their payments will simply need to add a zero in front of their routing number in order for payments to be accepted. As to the difference in total charges, the Good Sam Club has no visibility of your actual charges in an effort to protect your privacy. But the folks at PFJ will be more than happy to check into this for you. Thanks for your patience and for being a Good Sam member!

20. Thank you for your reply. I had tried the 0 in front of the route number, but it only seemed to work for me after I added 000 ( 3 ) (0) not 1. I did receive a note that the payment had been accepted and I printed it off. Thanks again

21. Dave Planitzer says:

The DW and I just returned from an 8200 mile, 42 day trip across the US. We used Pilot/Flying J where they were available for a total of 21 times.
    I can say that the only benefit to the card is a statement of cost and gallons purchased. There is no discount. you pay the posted cash price, that’s it. Where the stations are located there are other brands with the same price.
    Several times I wasted 45 minutes to an hour getting fuel. Not all Pilots or Flying Js have RV lanes and it was a true hassle getting fuel with the card in a “car” lane or in the back with the “Big Guys” The pump said “See cashier” a number of times and at one station I had to go back inside 3 times.
    In Oregon, where they pump all fuel, I used the car lane. I also wanted to fill up one of my 30lb propane tanks. They couldn’t or wouldn’t multitask and fill my lp tank while I waited in line for fuel. I even took the tank off of the trailer and set beside the refill station.
    I have always liked Flying J for fresh diesel but the Plus Card is no incentive to go there.
    Happy Camping

22. Today 16 July 2012 I still have not paid my bill, and they have not been able to take it from my account. We have worked together on this I have done all that I have been asked to do, filled out all the forms and sent emails at their request and still nothing. The biggist bank in Canada, BMO have worked with this to no avail.Surely somebody has to be able to tell the accounting department how to do this job, this cannot keep going back and forth, It is driving me crazy, right now I will never use this card again. And to boot, the last statement has a service charge added on for late payment. When they email me I anwser but when I email and ask, I get no response. Please can someone else help here. Am I the only Canadian that is having this problem, or am I the only one using this card

24. THank you for your reply but it is the same reply that you give me back on the 21Jun. That is no help. Needless to say I think the problem might be resolved. But as for the difference between the reciept and the statement there is no good answer.. So a warning to others, we may not always look at the “cents” part of the bill but if they charge each person .50cents extra in the long run they are getting back all the discount that you receive. THis has taken my confidence away.

25. Looking back to April 3rd posted by Rich Clarke asking the right questions with regards to Canadians. Now here we are 25 July and still working on this process, still waiting for the funds to be taken out of the account, Hopefully it will be recetified by this weekend. I did get an email from the goodsam and I answered but have had no reply since then, so no help there.Please can someone here tell me Am I the only canadian having this issue, maybe I am the only one using the card. Has anyone come up with the right process, do we use 0 in front of the routing code or 00 or 000. Nothing will work until that question is properly handled by the accounting department of the company. This GOODSAM is taking far too long. I will refer to it as incompetent.

Good Sam Says I have reached out to our Flying J partners for some answers…KO

26. Also back on April 3rd you did mention something about the canadian fund and US funds, then why did this not happen to me when I bought my gas in Canada and using a canadian cheque. This has been going on this 13May. Away back in April I had called the person in charge, and asked how do you do this, he said he would get back to me but never did.

27. Jim Watkins says:

I have the Good Sam fuel discount members card. The information I received said the discount for gas is 6 cents per gallon. So why is it when i use at Flying J I only get 4 cents discount?

Good Sam says: To keep your account information private, I have contacted you by email to resolve this issue.

Follow-up 8/6/12: Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. Pilot’s records have been updated to reflect your Life membership, and they are in the process of calculating the credit that you should receive for the discounts that weren’t applied.

28. Brian Allen says:

When I utilized my Flying J card during my trip to Alaska, I did not receive my full discount for diesel at the pump. I upgraded to lifetime membership and this should have increased my discount amount. Can you contact Flying J to get this straightened out, or do I need to contact them?

Thanks

Good Sam says: I have contacted you by email to resolve this issue.

29. Cornelius Wiebe says:

I have just read all the comments about the Pilot Flying J card and I can’t help feeling very unsure as to whether all this is worth the hassle. My wife and I are planning a lengthy US trip along with some friends (who want to become Good Sam members as well) and also get the PFJ card. It’s pretty hard to sell with these kind on negative comments.
    Could please reassure me and our friends that we will not be having the same problems and we will get the proper discounts. My wife and I are Lifetime members.
    Thank you in advance.

Good Sam says: I have emailed you to address your concerns.

30. Everett Easley says:

I have been thinking about the plus card from Pilot/Flying J, but I am reluctant to proceed as I find the RV accomodations at some of their facilties more than questionable. I would hope that this partnership would bring enough business to the Pilot/Flying J company that they would make all their RV lanes top notch…..as opposed to no air or air not working, pumps that the electronic scanners do not work….etc. Please pass this along to other as I wonder if I am the only one out there that has experienced this. I pull a 39′ 5th wheel and do appreciate the “truck stop” space.

31. First problem I had now has been fixed, the auto debit comes out of my USD account. My problem is this. I bought gas 76.00CAD in Canada, I transferred that amount into my USD. as my contract states that I have to pay in USD,,But then I got my statement the 76.00Cad plus exc added was 79.00. (that is called Gouging as the exc rate is almost par) I understand then it would be 79.00cad, but I am paying the company 79.00USD. I feel this should be 76.00USD. The way I look at this is 76.00CAD transferred into my USD cost me 79.00.at their exc rate.I asked the agent Kendall about this and he answered me but does not make sense to me. I would like another opinion on this as my mind tells me I paid away too much, definetely no discount. If this is how this company is going to work with Canadians, then this card is useless and this should be explained in their advertisement. Or train the staff in the accounting dept to do it right. Hoping to hear from someone else that has had this same experience.

Good Sam says: Thank you for letting us know. I will send this over to our Partners at Pilot Flying J to look into this for you.