- Good Sam Club News - http://blog.goodsamclub.com -
6 Itinerary Tips: Planning a Safer, Smoother Trip
Posted By Good Sam On March 31, 2013 @ 6:00 am In RV Tips | No Comments
Spring is in the air, and unless you live in the Sunbelt, you’re just now gearing up to hit the road for RV adventures. Of course, you’ve de-winterized your RV to make sure your vehicle is ready for the road. But even if your RV is in tip-top shape, you still need to draw up a travel itinerary that will help you get to your destination safely.
Fortunately, several online tools are available to help make the road ahead as smooth as possible with just a few clicks of the mouse.
1) When you’re ready to hit the road, Good Sam Club’s Online Trip Routing  service will map out a route and itinerary tailored to your preferences. After filling in the origination and destination fields, choose whether to “avoid” or “favor,” various road types and indicate whether you’d like the route to show Good Sam Parks and other points of interest along the way. Get information on the route’s mileage, road conditions, grades and other key areas. A fuel-cost calculator helps budget-conscious travelers decide on the best course.
2) Don’t get caught off guard by inclement spring weather. Sudden rainstorms, high winds and spring cold snaps can put a crimp in the plans of even the most seasoned RVer. Always consult weather forecasts of the regions you’re traveling. Sites like Weather.com  and Weather Underground  will help you determine whether you should hit the road or stay put.
3) Make sure you’ve made reservations to all of the RV parks where you’re planning to stop on your route. If you decide to change your travel plans mid-journey, you can also look up RV parks at GoodSamClub.com. Also, keep a copy of the 2013 Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory  handy.
4) Pilot and Flying J  Travel Centers offer discounts for Good Sam Club members when using your Pilot Flying J RV Plus Charge Card. Save at least 3¢ per gallon of gas and 5¢ per gallon of diesel. Deluxe and Life members save more! With more than 600 locations across North America, these are great places for RVers to fill up on fuel and stock up on supplies. If you haven’t already, apply for your RV Plus Charge Card today.
5) Delays and closures caused by road construction can put the brakes on fun-filled adventures. Consult the U.S. DOT Federal Highway Administration  for road conditions in the state you’re traveling.
6) Tap in to the power of Good Sam’s online community. Log on to our Facebook  page or Good Sam Club Forums  to inquire about the route you’ll be traveling. After all, nobody knows the road ahead better than fellow RVers. You should also bookmark our Standby Sams Directory . Located across North America, our network of nearly 2,000 Standy Sams are members who volunteer to provide emergency advice and referrals to fellow members traveling through their area.
Keep these tips in mind and enjoy your trip!
Article printed from Good Sam Club News: http://blog.goodsamclub.com
URL to article: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/03/planning-a-safer-smoother-trip/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2013%2F03%2Fplanning-a-safer-smoother-trip%2F
 Image: http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&output=popup&bkmk=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2013%2F03%2Fplanning-a-safer-smoother-trip%2F&title=6+Itinerary+Tips%3A+Planning+a+Safer%2C+Smoother+Trip
 Image: http://www.twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2013%2F03%2Fplanning-a-safer-smoother-trip%2F&text=6+Itinerary+Tips%3A+Planning+a+Safer%2C+Smoother+Trip
 Image: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RV-TIPS-APRIL.jpeg
 Good Sam Club’s Online Trip Routing: http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/freetriprouting
 Weather.com: http://www.weather.com
 Weather Underground: http://www.wunderground.com
 2013 Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/good-sam-2013-rv-travel-guide-campground-directory/66727
 Flying J: http://pilotflyingj.com/
 U.S. DOT Federal Highway Administration: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodSamClub
 Good Sam Club Forums: http://www.goodsamclub.com/forums/
 Standby Sams Directory: http://www.goodsamclub.com/community/VolunteeringDirectory.aspx
 12 Reasons to Register on GoodSamClub.com: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/03/12-reasons-to-register-on-goodsamclub-com/
 Plan Ahead For a Great Trip This Summer: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2011/03/plan-ahead-for-a-great-trip-this-summer/
 Exercise Your Brain: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/03/exercise-your-brain/
 Another Dispute Settled: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/02/another-dispute-settled/
 South Carolina So Much to See & Do in the Palmetto State : http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/02/south-carolina-so-much-to-see-do-in-the-palmetto-state/
 Good Sam Club Spring Cleanup Days: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/02/good-sam-club-spring-cleanup-days/
 Good Sam Club Members Save Big at Camping World SuperCenters!: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/02/good-sam-club-members-save-big-at-camping-world-supercenters/
 Going to the Mattresses: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/01/going-to-the-mattresses/
Copyright © 2010 Good Sam Club. All rights reserved.