- Good Sam Club News - http://blog.goodsamclub.com -
Perform an AC Checkup
Posted By Good Sam On August 1, 2013 @ 6:00 am In RV Tips | No Comments
The dog days of summer seem intent on pushing the mercury to new heights. Fortunately, RV air conditioners can turn a potential oven into a cool, comfy refuge. Take the following steps to ensure that your main source of climate comfort continues to run reliably.
• Clean or change the AC filter. Unclean filters cut airflow, and that creates efficiency problems. If you’re using your AC regularly, clean the filter weekly.
• Inspect the upper shroud for cracks and exposure deterioration. Clear any debris like dead branches that may have accumulated there. If a shroud is damaged, have it replaced.
• Check the gasket between the air conditioner and roof. A damaged gasket can result in leaks that allow water through the roof.
• Make sure the air conditioner’s coils are cleaned once per year. This procedure should be performed by a qualified technician.
• Don’t under-power your AC. To avoid brown-out damage to your AC’s motor, ACs should have at least 30-amp power.
Follow these tips to make sure you don’t break a sweat this summer.
Article printed from Good Sam Club News: http://blog.goodsamclub.com
URL to article: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/08/perform-an-ac-checkup/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2013%2F08%2Fperform-an-ac-checkup%2F
 Image: http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&output=popup&bkmk=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2013%2F08%2Fperform-an-ac-checkup%2F&title=Perform+an+AC+Checkup
 Image: http://www.twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.goodsamclub.com%2F2013%2F08%2Fperform-an-ac-checkup%2F&text=Perform+an+AC+Checkup
 Image: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Hot-Travel.jpg
 Perform an AC Checkup: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/05/perform-an-ac-checkup-2014/
 Defeat the Heat: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/06/defeat-the-heat/
 Notes for the Shop – Power Up!: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2013/06/notes-for-the-shop-power-up/
 Unresponsive RV Dealer: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/07/unresponsive-rv-dealer/
 Travel medical insurance – there when you need it most: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/07/travel-medical-insurance-there-when-you-need-it-most/
 Extreme Adventure Not Required: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/07/extreme-adventure-not-required/
 What Travel Medical Insurance Did For Us: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/06/travel-medical-insurance%e2%80%8eutm_sourceexacttargetutm_mediumemailutm_campaigngsn13765_07012014/
 Green Gas Nozzle Handles for Diesel Fuel are NOT an Industry Standard: http://blog.goodsamclub.com/2014/06/green-gas-nozzle-handles/
Copyright © 2010 Good Sam Club. All rights reserved.