Perform an AC Checkup
The dog days of summer seem intent on pushing the mercury to new heights. Fortunately, RV air conditioners can turn a potential oven into a cool, comfy refuge. Take the following steps to ensure that your main source of climate comfort continues to run reliably.
- Clean or change the AC filter. Unclean filters cut airflow, and that creates efficiency problems. If you’re using your AC regularly, clean the filter weekly.
- Inspect the upper shroud for cracks and exposure deterioration. Clear any debris like dead branches that may have accumulated there. If a shroud is damaged, have it replaced.
- Check the gasket between the air conditioner and roof. A damaged gasket can result in leaks that allow water through the roof.
- Make sure the air conditioner’s coils are cleaned once per year. This procedure should be performed by a qualified technician.
- Don’t under-power your AC. To avoid brown-out damage to your AC’s motor, ACs should have at least 30-amp power.
Follow these tips to make sure you don’t break a sweat this summer